Monday, December 15, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

Last Thursday night we had the most awful ice storm here in MA. So many people lost power and many don't have it back yet. Tree limbs were falling everywhere and power lines and poles snapped left and right. Driving to Target on Saturday I saw a car parked in a driveway with a huge tree smashed through its roof. :(

I think it's weird that something so pretty can be so insanely destructive.







Hopefully everyone will get their lights and heat back soon!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Hope you are staying warm and crafty! The pictures are beautiful! We are having -12 degree weather hear ourselves...where is that global warming when you want it? (probably shouldn't joke about that stuff, huh?)
:)Heidi

Heidi said...

I hate it when I can't spell...-12 degree weather HERE, not hear...do you hear what I hear? Ok I was up until 2 am crafting.
:)Heidi

Jennifer said...

oh my gosh, that is wicked! I can't imagine being out of power for a long time when it is that cold! Your photos look frigid but beautiful.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Hey, Baby Bella, I am having a swap, would you like to join!?

MaygreenFairies said...

Wow, how beautiful!! We get snow here in the UK but I've never seen an Ice Storm before, thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. I shall return, love your blog. Mandy x